Friday, September 12, 2008

And so it begins.

The battle of the Sippy Cup vs. the Bottle.

It is a battle of epic proportions. Every parent goes through it. The whining....the crying.....the pouting. And just when you think you've convinced them to only use a sippy cup, the refuse and only the bottle will do.

I'm not talking about my daughter, mind you. I'm talking about MY HUSBAND!! He refuses to get on board with the sippy cups.

You see, my daughter takes them just fine. Sure she fought it at first for a while, but that was months ago. Now she takes them just fine for me. It's my husband that needs 'training'. As soon as he offers it to her and she shakes her head, he goes for the bottle. I swear, we take 2 steps forward and 1 step back. I am *this* close to throwing out all the bottles.

I had her using ONLY the cups for 2 days straight, and he comes home and within 5 minutes she's got a bottle.

"She wouldn't take the sippy cup. I tried"


Riiiight. Try harder! Give it 5 minutes and she will drink from it. I promise!

Seriously, I didn't know I'd have to battle my daughter AND my husband on every little thing!

Just wait until it's time to ditch the passy.

I'm gonna need a drink.

2 comments:

giggles said...

ahhhh, yes....he caves easy with her. i think throwing out all the bottles is a good idea. i am having the same issue with O. if i didn't have V then i would throw out all the bottles here.

:::::poors a margarita for the lady::::::

Patti said...

I say throw out the bottles. I remember taking bottles from you. I will never forget you saying "I want my bottle now" screaming over and over again. Yikes! You turned out pretty good, though!!!!!!