Sunday, August 31, 2008

Trying something "new"

So, we're trying something we haven't done in a while.



Something I complain about a lot and generally detest.




We're cooking at home!

::shock::

(lol!)


Anyone who knows me, knows how much I hate cooking. I'm not sure why. I guess it just seems like one more chore (and it messes up the kitchen.)

But we're trying to save money, so we went shopping last night and actualy DIDN'T fill the cart up with stuff from the freezer section! We bought "real" food! (I felt so grown up! ;-)

I know we got stuck in a rut of just getting easy-to-make meals (that are easy to eat with one hand, since that's how you do almost everything when you have a baby). So now we're trying to get out of that rut.

So no more frozen pizzas, no more t.v. dinners. (at least not multiple times a week.)

Now we have chicken breasts, ground turkey and pot roast (and all the other crap that goes with it).

I'll be taking volunteers to come over and actually make this stuff into a decent meal. ;-)

2 comments:

ALC said...

Hi honey! I didn't know you had a blog either! Of course you can link me up to your thing.

And RE: cooking at home. I will gladly come over to help you. Here is a word of advice though- if you are days away from the point of expiration on something, put it in the freezer. I have bought (and yeah still do it) so many meats that have gone bad because I get tired and don't feel like cooking. It'll save you $ in the long run. Good luck with it!

Anonymous said...

i would (and i have) come over and make dinner. i just need a plane ticket and a babysitter ;)

also, when you do the shopping, try and plan your maels for the week that can "go together". like roast one day and veggie soup the next day from the left overs. or chicken noodle soup amd then chicken dumplings. you can chop up a bunch of chicken all at once and freeze half. that will save time on the cooking and the cleaning.

and anytime you want any good, fast, cheap meals.....i have a ton of them so you can ask me.